As soon as you read this you may begin the 2019 San Vito Bird Club Bird Feeder Contest!
Here are the ridiculously simple rules for this year’s contest:
- Count the number of species of birds that come to your bird feeder from…NOW…until 8am Sunday, March 3rd.
- Your feeder(s) must be viewable from one single location. In other words, you cannot count species from feeder #1 near your house and feeder #2 which is out in the pasture.
- All bird species may be counted that eat directly from the feeder or directly below the feeder.
- What food items you put on the feeder is up to you!
- Bring a paper copy of your bird feeder list to the SVBC Annual Meeting no later than 8:30 am on Sunday, March 3rd. Meeting to be held, as usual, at Cascata del Bosco.
- Your list is subject to review. For example, if you claim to have seen an Emperor Penguin, Chilean Flamingo or Archaeopteryx on your feeder we will probably need to have a talk.
There will be three winners this year:
- Greatest number of bird species.
- Second greatest number of bird species.
- And a new category; best bird feeder photograph. To win this category you MUST send a digital copy of your best photograph to me (Greg Homer) NO LATER than midnight, Feb. 28th of this year. Please do not send more than one photo; only your first photo will be judged. Judging and selecting the winning photograph will be done by three of our premier Pajareros del Sur. Send your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck all. More to come about the annual meeting very soon.
(photo courtesy of Helen LeVasseur)